August 16, 2011

Sponge Bob Toddler Blanket

Chloe’s play pal Emily had her 2nd birthday this weekend. So I thought I would make her a little blanket featuring her favorite character Sponge Bob Square Pants.

I used a cotton fabric print for the top and a bubble gum pink flannel for the back. I used Quilting in the Rain’s easy tutorial to make the blanket.

I added a little heart to the back with Emily’s name to personalize it. I added this before sandwiching the blanket together so the stitches would be on the inside.

Here is how it looks around the edging. Overall it was a nice little project and I like how it turned out.

Chloe was invited to celebrate at McDonalds with some nuggets and birthday cake. Emily’s Birthday cake was all about the Bob of course.

In the photo Emily is on the left along with her Mom Sally and Chloe is on the far right with another friend Lily. This was Chloe’s first invite to a birthday party. We both left needing a nap.

Linking Up:

Creative Itch


Fresh Poppy Design

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I'm sure the little girl will love it. :)

August 16, 2011 at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger