August 7, 2011

Pinwheels in the Park Quilt Along

I know, I know another project, like I don’t have enough already started. This quilt by Sew, Mama, Sew I had already spotted and printed out the tutorial and stuck it in my folder of quilts I would like to make. So then a little bit later I am reading Lovely Little Handmades blog and read that her and Knitty Bitties are starting a quilt along for August making this Pinwheels in the Park quilt. I could not resist joining them. Read all about it HERE & HERE.

I ordered up some fat quarters from Kerri’s etsy shop Sew deerly loved. They are Japanese, Lecien Flower Sugar in colors red, blue and pink. The white fabric is Kona cotton white I got from the Fat Quarter shop. I will use these for my Pinwheel in the Park quilt. Not sure yet what I will use for the back of the quilt.

I thought I should make up a practice block just to make sure I could make this quilt. I did not want to slash into my beautiful new fabric without a little practice first. I am still kind of a Newbie in quilting. I made this one out of some leftover Halloween fabric from last year. I love it! Now I am really excited to get started. I can see doing this quilt in different fabrics themed for the holidays.

The quilt tutorial is HERE.

The schedule for the quilt along:
August 1-7 Cut Fabric
August 8-14 Sew Blocks
August 15-21 Finish up Blocks & Sew quilt top
August 22-31 Quilt & Bind

The quilt along leaders are Lovely Little Hand Mades & Knitty Bitties so go on over and check out their progress. There was also a Flicker page just started for this quilt HERE.

I am planning to cut up my blocks tonight after Chloe goes to bed. I don’t think I will be able to keep on track with the quilt along schedule, just because I have a lot going on right now. I am going to try my best and should be able to catch up if I get behind and not be too far off the schedule.

1 Comments:

Blogger Skooks said...

How cute! I love that Flower Sugar line . . . so lovely . . . just all of them. It will be an awesome quilt for sure.

August 7, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger