February 15, 2011

Happy Valentines

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day. It was pretty low key around here. I had planned to make some cupcakes for Chloe to bring into her class at daycare, but they don’t allow any home made food to share with the kids. So I picked up some cookies and some white grape juice from the store to bring in for the kids and their afternoon party. Chloe had a great time and even came home with a goodie bag full of little toys and treats.

 
We gave Chloe a panda pillow pet for Valentines. It has a little Velcro flap on the bottom that you can undo and it becomes flat like a pillow. It is pretty cute and she carries it all over the house and also has it with her for naps and bed time.

The mail man dropped off a package for me just in time for Valentines. I got the new Berroco pattern book #309 Vintage DK. Along with it I got 2 skeins of Berroco’s Vintage DK wool blend yarn in color #2176 Pumpkin. I plan to use the yarn to knit the Matsuri scarf from the pattern book. It has been awhile since I have picked up my knitting needles and I think this will be the perfect project to get me back into the game.

I went to the movies on Valentines and saw No Strings Attached with Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher. It was a good romantic comedy and perfect for the holiday.

Coming soon, photos of my first completed project of 2011.

1 Comments:

Blogger Open Roads Mama said...

Great to see that you're planning on getting back to knitting too! Can't wait to see how the scarf turns out, love the pattern and the yarn color! I still find it hard to find time to knit, but little by little, progress is made every day & definitely not when the little guy is awake, he's still way too interested in those needles.
I love Chloe's new panda pillow! :)

February 15, 2011 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger