May 19, 2010

Wandering on Wednesday

Since the weather has been so nice I have been doing a lot of wandering around outside. I spotted this Momma bird and her nest made in the overhang in the front of the barn. Normally they fly away from their nests when I come near. She must be sitting on some eggs ready to hatch for her to stay there for me to take the photo. Walking around the barn I spotted at least 5 different nests. I know some people are irritated by the sound of birds chirping in the morning but not me. I love it.

There is a house across the street from our post office this time of year that showcases a ton of purple bearded irises. From what I can tell they look like the same species so she probably has divided them many times through the years. Who knows how many she will have in another ten to twenty years. Here are some more photos of them.






My neighbor whom is a wonderful character and at any given time spotting him he looks as if he stepped right out of a Clint Eastwood western, wearing full on cowboy hat, red handkerchief, chaps, and well worn boots. He recently put up this amazing windmill on his property.

I will leave you with my favorite tree on our property. It is way in the back behind the barn. It was pretty pathetic looking when we first moved here. A couple years ago I got up in the tree and cut loose any dead branches that I could get too. We had a very wet winter and I think it will benefit this year from all the moisture. If I was a kid I probably would be up in that tree now as high as I could climb and dreaming about fun filled summer days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger