August 15, 2009

Solid Foods

Once Chloe hit 4 months at the end of July the doctor gave the go ahead to start her on rice cereal and pureed foods. I started her on rice cereal and she did pretty well. Then I have been trying a different food every 3 to 4 days. So far she likes Butternut Squash, Sweet Potatoes, apple sauce, & bananas. She could give or take pears, and she hates carrots. Solid foods are a whole new realm of messy. Mushy gush gets every where and she will often take a bite of food then stick her thumb in her mouth to finish it, getting food all over her hands and her face. She will also grab the spoon and help me feed her. So far it has been a fun experience and yes I have made the airplane noises while moving the spoon through the air and yes it results in a baby opening her mouth wide for the bite of food. LOL

Chloe has been rolling onto her stomach every time we lay her on her back. She started to hit her head on the ground while in this position. Even though she was on a play mat, blanket and rug, underneath is hard tile so she would start to cry. We found these interlocking foam mats at Sam’s club and we set them up under her floor playing area and they did the trick. She is doing great with the tummy time and I think she will be crawling soon. She just needs to figure out how to get her tummy up and her knees underneath to start the motion.

Chloe has found her feet. Lately she has been holding her legs up for me while I change her diaper. It is pretty funny, like she is helping me. It is only a matter of time before the tootsies end up in her mouth.

Note from Chloe
Psst…. I have discovered something the adults call a remote. I am not sure what it does but it is very important. At all times the remote is in one or the others possession. When one adult leaves the room the other one will quickly take it into their grasp. I am thinking it controls the universe or something even more important like the mobile on my crib. Every time I try to get a good look at it they quickly take it out of my reach. My advice is if you get your hands on one of these remotes, hide it and don’t let anyone else use it. Catch up with you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger