August 9, 2008

The Year of the Ox


I could not help but research what Chinese zodiac sign my child would be born under. It turns out in 2009 it will be the Year of the Ox. At first I was scared because I myself am a rat & Chris is a rooster. I was thinking we might be in trouble. The good news is that the Ox is most compatible with the rat, rooster, and the snake. You can read about the Ox and all the other signs HERE just scroll down to the list.

Eating Healthy

I have read that you are not literally eating for two and that you really only need about 200 to 300 more calories a day then what you would regularly need. Since I probably already consume that amount I am not too worried about eating enough. I have however been trying to eat a larger variety of different foods, in hopes to get all the nutrients and vitamins I need. I do take a prenatal vitamin every day. I think my hardest thing will be to make sure I get enough protein in my diet.


This week I baked some bread. This one pictured above is a banana- coconut, macadamia bread. I like to have a slice for breakfast with some decaffeinated herbal tea. This recipe I have had forever and have modified from one of the Betty Crocker banana bread recipes. I also made pumpkin spice bread, and carrot bread. I am not a huge fan of vegetables so what better way to get your orange veggies than in a slice of bread. Here are the recipe links I used for both. They both turned out great and I will use them again.
Pumpkin Spice Bread & Carrot Bread

6 Weeks

At 6 weeks the baby is the size of a bean. The baby has started to form its organs. The heart is divided into distinct left & right chambers and has begun to beat at a rate of 150 beats per minute. I am fortunate enough to not have morning sickness yet. There are moments were I might feel queasy but nothing that can not be ignored. The only annoying thing at this point is having to go pee more frequent than usual. I get up at least twice at night to go. I have no idea where it all comes from.

Baby Blanket

I started a baby blanket. This crochet pattern is free from the Lion Brand website titled Shell Stitch Baby Blanket. I prefer to knit over crochet but for a blanket it is much quicker to crochet. The pattern calls for 4 colors and I chose to use just 2. I am using Baby Bee Sweet delight yarn in colors naked & berry jam. I have a bunch of these in my stash. I plan to go through my stash of yarn and pull out all the ones that are natural yarns & not marked for a specific project anymore and hopefully use them up on stuff to make for the baby.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, banana bread sounds good. The recipe I use is also adapted from a Betty Crocker one. So glad you are feeling good.
laura

August 11, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger