August 16, 2008

What is it?



It is killing me already not knowing the sex of the baby. How in the world do people go through the whole pregnancy choosing not to know? I have been to all of the Chinese lunar calendar gender sites. The test results came up half of the time for a girl and the other half for a boy, so that does not help me. I found these lists of what to eat on some old wives tale site.

If you want a Boy:
While pregnant eat red meat, salty snacks such as: crackers and chips Dads should drink plenty of sodas, preferably cola drinks

If you want a Girl:
While pregnant eat lots of fish and veggies, & lots of sweats and chocolates

Of course I don’t believe any of this since I have learned all about the X & Y chromosomes in grade school. The truth is the sex of the baby is already determined upon conception so it does not matter what you eat. I guess I am going to have to wait it out.

Week 7

I am in the 7th week of my pregnancy and I have been nauseous & queasy all week. It starts at about 4 am and continues through out the day. I read something about eating potatoes that it might help so I have some small potatoes already boiled up and in the fridge. It says to take a bite out of them through out the day. I ate one a couple hours ago and it seemed to help a little. I have also read that ginger soothes the stomach. I found some ginger hard candy online that I ordered, hopefully they will get here soon.

Here is a list of natural remedies for morning sickness I found at associatecontent

Ginger ~ The absolute best way to take ginger is in a tea form, but if you don't have the tea bags, you can make your own! Just boil eight ounces of water with one half of a teaspoon of fresh ginger or one teaspoon of ground ginger (from your spice cabinet), then sip slowly.


Chamomile ~ Again, the best way to take this is in a tea. Chamomile is known for it's digestive aiding properties, as well as, for being soothing, and it is safe during pregnancy.


Peppermint ~ You can eat peppermint candies (make sure they are actually made from peppermint and aren't synthetic), drink tea or just inhale the scent! Peppermint is great for settling the stomach quickly.


Water ~ Morning sickness is a way of telling you that you need a drink! Make sure you are drinking at least one half of an ounce per pound of your body weight each day and morning sickness will be a thing of the past!


You can also eat Bananas and baked Potatoes. The bananas and potatoes both contain a large amount of potassium and B vitamins, which is extremely beneficial in aiding nausea. If nothing else works you can always eat dry toast and sprinkle cinnamon on it, this helps too.

Baby Turtles

I found this fabric at Keepsakequilting.com; it is part of the Ocean World Medley. I love this fabric. It is great that it is not gender specific. The fabric is on back order but I ordered a couple yards anyway, I could not pass it up. It will look so sweet in a baby quilt. I am seriously trying to hold back in buying anything for the baby till I get through the first trimester. I live out in the country with several pets, and my floor is impossible to keep clean for more than a couple hours. So I already plan to have plenty of baby quilts, blankies, and towels. With the goal of never setting the kid on the floor or rug with out one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never experienced morning sickness, but as a perpetually car-sick person (no idea whether it's the same) I can say mint tea and candied ginger are really helpful for me. And of course anything carbonated.

I am going to remember your plan to use blankets on the floor. I have always looked at our floor (two dogs now) and just put it out of my mind how a baby and dogs could ever co-exist in our house.
laura

August 18, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger